DotaCraft

13»

Comments

• edited January 2016 Posts: 1,670

After one year of development I would like to share a list of some of the features implemented so far:

• Hero abilities for each of the 4 race heroes and 8 neutral tavern heroes
    • All hero hero and units stats matching warcraft 3
    • Building library fully developed and currently maintained under its own repository
    • Train unit abilities, with channeling and mana bar
    • Building Queue system, using items to display and cancel queu
    • Rally Point with rightclick and options to directly move to position/target/gather
    • Lumber custom resource management UI
    • Lumber gathering from trees
    • Gold gathering from gold mines
    • Tech Tree for all race buildings, abilities and research
    • Unit armor and weapon tier upgrades with cosmetic changes
    • Food system with upkeep
    • Building repairing with multiple builders
    • Over two hundred abilities for all the units of each race
    • Multi Hero creation system tied to city center levels and revive
    • Disabled ability method to show requirements to unlock abilities
    • Unit formation movement system, with Formation Ranks for melee units to be upfront
    • Damage system matching wc3 damage types
    • Ability Multi Order key to cast an ability on all selected units
    • Corpse system for interaction with various abilities
    • Blight terrain for undead building construction and regen
    • Attack mechanics for Fly vs Ground units
    • Hero portrait UI
    • Idle builders UI
    • Artillery ground splash mechanics
    • Haunted and Entangled gold mine mechanics holding builders
    • Neutral creep AI and item drops
    • Team+Race+Color selection lobby UI
    • Map based loading screen UI
    • Race-Based and Merchant shops UI
    • Tavern hero-purchasing and Mercenary unit-purchasing UI
    • Race shop items
    • Player chat legacy cheats
    • Trade resources UI
    • Team-based minimap creep camp icon mechanics
    • Various maps done or being worked on:
      • (2) Echo Isles
      • (2) Melting Valley
      • (4) Turtle Rock
      • (4) Phanton Grove
      • (4) Twisted Meadows
      • (6) Copper Cannyon

There is still quite a lot of work ahead to achieve full parity and a completely bug-free game. It's quite a task because no matter where we look, there always seems to be a mechanic we disregarded, or an interaction we didn't consider.

I am confident the game won't take another year to be release-ready but estimate the amount of full day commitment to be around 3 months without considering extra features such as Tutorial or a Campaign content.

As always, you can keep track of the progress in the projects repo at github.com/MNoya/DotaCraft and leave any questions about its development or contribution in here. I also would like to introduce my newly created Patreon page for those that would like to support me and this project :smiley:

The concept of Modding Community doesn't go well together with Competitive Business
    My Project Page || My GitHub Profile ||

I would like to thank you for doing all this work to bring back probably the best RTS ever, the remaking of Wc3's RTS game play has literally been the first thing I have been wanting to come back since DotA2 began.

• Heya! How is this progressing? I've noticed there hasn't been a commit for a little over a month. Are you still working on this?

I think this is on temporarily break as the two main developers are also developers of element td

MAKE CUSTOM GAMES GREAT AGAIN

Finished-
    kv checker - https://arhowk.github.io
    panorama video series - https://moddota.com/forums/discussion/2021/inclusive-panorama-tutorial-quest-box

My pet project This Cursed World/Crestfallen (name pending)
    https://moddota.com/forums/discussion/986/this-cursed-world-rpg#latest

There are 2 main developers? :smile:

But yeah there's been plenty of things to do in Element TD post release and I don't know when I'll be returning to this (but I still want to finish it)

The concept of Modding Community doesn't go well together with Competitive Business

• edited April 2016 Posts: 5

You will return to the development of datacraft after the completion of the ITT? Your work is very important for the development of custom games in DotA 2, I would like to say thank you for the FF and PMP <3

• edited April 2016 Posts: 1,670

I will return, just not sure when. Currently busy with ETD, ITT and other projects. Thank you for the support :smiley:

• edited May 2016 Posts: 1,670

Last patch added MODIFIER_PROPERTY_CAN_ATTACK_TREES

aaand we're back!

• DunDun

:hype:

Kunkka <=> Peasant and who will be peon?

Orc Peons are the small camp troll creeps due to the lack of a better model

Kreygasm

• edited May 2016 Posts: 71

What are you looking for, for models? I've got a lot of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic models that I think could be useful. From last year that I never got around to releasing

• edited May 2016 Posts: 1

Nyx burrow is used on Undead Crypt Fiend Burrow ability.

Not too worried about models really, already got everything somewhat covered apart from some buildings where I need to get creative.

started testing?

Technically alpha-testing started months ago, you can sign via GitHub in here to get access to the private steam workshop entry and help adding issues to the list.

Recently I have revamped the Development Spreadsheet to keep track of all the abilities state, as well as opening the comments to the public. All abilities/upgrades are implemented but are in need of serious QA.

• edited June 2016 Posts: 3

I dont know if you guys have been working on maps yet but I suggest the first few maps released be the following, if you can get around blizzards copy right crap.

1. Echo islands
    2. Lost temple (RoC)
    3. turtle rock
    4. phatom grove
    5. gnole wood
    6. terenas stand
    7. Secret valley
    8. centaur grove
    9. gold shire
    10. rice fields
    11. emeraldshore
    12. wetlands
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 1,670

@DBX_5 Many maps are/must be worked on, you can check a list of them here: https://github.com/MNoya/DotaCraft/tree/master/content/dota_addons/dotacraft/maps
    I'm not terribly ©oncerned

Twisted Meadows was also on the works but haven't heard more from the mapper yet. If anyone feels like wanting to do their favorite map for its inclusion in the game, just follow these guidelines: https://github.com/MNoya/DotaCraft/wiki/Adding-New-Maps - Can take maps from http://classic.battle.net/war3/maps/war3xmappictures.shtml or come up with your own designs

The idea is to have enough varied maps for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and FFA. From that list, I'd totally love to at least have (2)Terenas Stand, (4)Lost Temple and (6)Emerald Shores!

Btw the signing up thing doesnt seem to be working, if you try to update/modify the wiki it just 404's you.