sell system for Buildhelper

edited July 2015 in Support

hey guys, i try to create a sell system so my Towers can be Sold. The problem is that when i simply use caster:RemoveSelf() to get rid of the Tower the Blockingvolume still stays (i think it is called gridNavBlockers in Buildhelper) can someone tell me how to get rid of the Blockingvolume?

Comments

The concept of Modding Community doesn't go well together with Competitive Business
    My Project Page || My GitHub Profile ||

• edited July 2015 Posts: 38

hey that sounds good,but when i use this ability nothing happens after the Channel:

"sell_tower"
        {
            "AbilityBehavior"   "DOTA_ABILITY_BEHAVIOR_NO_TARGET | DOTA_ABILITY_BEHAVIOR_CHANNELLED "
            "BaseClass"             "ability_datadriven"
            "AbilityTextureName"            "alchemist_goblins_greed"
            "AbilityCastPoint"              "0.0"
            "MaxLevel"                  "1"
            "AbilityManaCost"               "0"
            "AbilityChannelTime"    "2"
            "OnChannelSucceeded"
            {
                "RunScript"
                {
                    "ScriptFile"            "scripts/vscripts/buildinghelper.lua"
                    "Function"          "building:RemoveBuilding"
                }
            }
        }

You can't call a function from KV like that. It should be like this:

"RunScript"
    {
        "ScriptFile"            "buildinghelper.lua"
        "Function"          "RemoveBuilding"
    }

Lua:

function RemoveBuilding(event)
        local building = event.caster
        building:RemoveBuilding(true)
    end

The concept of Modding Community doesn't go well together with Competitive Business
    My Project Page || My GitHub Profile ||

• edited July 2015 Posts: 38

hey, thank you,the building is now removed but i get some error massages:

[ W VScript              ]: Script Runtime Error: scripts/vscripts/samplerts.lua:485: attempt to call method 'IsBuilding' (a nil value)
    [ W VScript              ]: stack traceback:
    [ W VScript              ]:     scripts/vscripts/samplerts.lua:485: in function <scripts/vscripts/samplerts.lua:449>
    [ W VScript              ]:     [C]: in function 'ForceKill'
    [ W VScript              ]:     scripts/vscripts/buildinghelper.lua:466: in function 'RemoveBuilding'
    [ W VScript              ]:     scripts/vscripts/buildinghelper.lua:455: in function <scripts/vscripts/buildinghelper.lua:453>

since everything is working fine i guess i can ignore them? Because i don't see the problem in ForceKill or RemoveBuilding...and i don't get why IsBuilding shouldn't be a nilValue since my "Tower" is a creep that just can't move