Error Forking from Barebones

edited July 2015 in Support

I'm getting an error when trying to make a new barebones addon. I have the tool on the same harddrive as instructed, and when I try to create a new addon from BMD's Barebones it downloads the template but a message saying

"System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find part of the path."

pops up when the download completes. Inside the same folder as the modkit a folder appears of my addon name with contents inside.

Comments

• edited July 2015 Posts: 1,670

I think this happens because it can't find a dota_ugc folder (from old alpha tools). Do you have the latest version of modkit?

The concept of Modding Community doesn't go well together with Competitive Business
    My Project Page || My GitHub Profile ||

Yep, the one that was just released. And the dota_ugc folders are in the proper places. I was using and older version of the tool successfully before with Reborn, but I think it stopped working after one of the updates. The issue persists over to the new tool version.

dota_ugc is no longer used now. Do you have a ...\dota 2 beta\content\dota_addons directory?

Treat everyday as if you are a student, not a master. The student learns, grows and sees beauty. The master becomes bitter, resentful, and stagnates.

• edited July 2015 Posts: 7

Yep. And several templates that I made when tampering with the Workshop are there. Is there any specific folder the Modkit needs to be in or does it just need to be on the same HDD as the game install? Though I have already tried putting it in several different locations.

Here's my current folder structure.

G:\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\content\dota_addons

G:\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\game\dota_addons

G:\ProgrammingTools\D2ModKit

I've tried running the tool as admin and placed the tool in different folders getting closer to the dota folder and trying again.

Something else to note is the folders inside group that the tool made are labeled "barebones" and not the name I gave, which is how all the addons made in the Workshop are labeled.

<folder that the tool is in>\MyAddon\content\dota_addons\barebones

<folder that the tool is in>\MyAddon\game\dota_addons\barebones

• edited July 2015 Posts: 184

Folder structure looks good. Did D2ModKit auto-find your dota directory? Or did you have to browse to it?

So when the download completes, is your addon customized to the name you inputted? Like in scripts/vscripts, do you see youraddonname.lua? If it got that far, then it just failed when transferring the contents to the actual game and content directories.

Edit: woops, didn't see your last edit, scratch that.

Here is the code that occurs when the download completes.

Treat everyday as if you are a student, not a master. The student learns, grows and sees beauty. The master becomes bitter, resentful, and stagnates.

Solution found. You can not have the word "barebones" anywhere in the name, even surrounded by other text, numbers, underscores, etc.

I was trying to make a few templates off of barebones to try different things and associate the tests with the template, so I named it:

<my name>_barebonestemplate_abilities

"barebone", "arebones", etc are all acceptable. As long as the 9 in order letters making "barebones" aren't in the title it seems to be fine.

Thanks for sticking around and troubleshooting.

Heh, interesting. Glad you found out a solution, was just about to give you a special test version lol.

I feel rather silly actually. I didn't even consider that that would be the cause of the problem.

Then again it's not an uncommon feeling in the programming field.

Thanks again for the help.