Why does my game hang for 40 seconds during each load of my gamemode?

edited June 2015 in Questions

After GameMode:InitGameMode() is called at the very start of my gamemode lua, my game hangs for around 43 seconds with nothing in the console log.

[My Gamemode] Done loading gamemode!
Hang detected.

After it hangs everything goes smoothly. I'm using a mix of some Overthrow and Barebones (Alpha) code but I've stripped a lot of it out so it's pretty lightweight.

Do other people get the same hang or just me?

Hello, world!

Comments

• DunDun

Compiling animation usually gives me prolonged hang, but it should be only once on initial compile...

I have no animation in my addon and it occurs every single compile.

Hello, world!

• Since the update (8th July) nearly everytime I run a custom map (before the loadscreen, but after compile), Dota 2 hangs for exactly 60 seconds. This also often happens when I disconnect from the custom map or when closing Dota 2.

I thought it was a bug that would have a quick hotfix, but I haven't seen people complaining about it. Is anyone else having these issues, and/or is there some sort of fix?

• edited July 2015 Posts: 1,670

I have this same issue in one of my addons, I hang for around 30~40 seconds on every restart. It doesn't happen on other map like Warchasers which is quite heavy, I don't know what causes it yet.

Edit: I also got from the chat that this might be caused by a wrongly placed entity outside the max/min height or outside world bounds, check that

The concept of Modding Community doesn't go well together with Competitive Business
    My Project Page || My GitHub Profile ||

• Thanks, I will test that out. I deactivated quite a few tiles so that could be the problem.

I did try with some of the sample maps though (without editing anything) and I had the same/similar issue.

Did you find out anything?

i get too.

• edited July 2015 Posts: 1,670

I found out Using Water tiles outside world bounds causes multiple second hang on map load

Merged threads together, try removing your water tiles.

The concept of Modding Community doesn't go well together with Competitive Business
    My Project Page || My GitHub Profile ||