Workshop Tools Update - December 17th, 2014
Make sure to post here if you find something changed and its not noted in this thread
- Improved performance and memory used when playing custom games
- Added support for playing custom games on 32bit Windows [XP]
- Added Direct3D 9 support
- Added ability to blend between tile sets in the tile editor using override materials.
- Added additional materials and blending between tile sets in the example dota_pvp_tiled map.
- Added additional controls for adjusting the rotation and pitch of trees in the tile editor.
- Added ability to swap existing plant placements in the tile editor in the same way trees could already be swapped.
- Added functionality to look up a tile in a tile set by right clicking it while in the tile editor.
- Added high contrast lighting mode option in Hammer viewports.
- Added a new alternate desert tile set which can be applied to maps built using the tile editor.
- Modified the multiblend shader so all four layers can have independent rotation and scale while using world space UVs.
- Fixed Hammer bug where if a map failed to load the progress bar would never go away.
- Fixed bug where objects using the world space UVs option of the multiblend shader would sometimes flicker.
- Fixed particle bug related to delays on nested child particle systems Added texture sequence preview to assetbrowser and PET texture picker
- Fixed bug with Hammer particle preview where control point entities were normally ignored (as soon as the system was restarted)
- Change particles to use the new KV3 compiler & resource version (content format is unchanged for now)
- Initial support for hitboxes in PET
- Assetbrowser honors texture alpha channel, has a channel selector
- Made placement of data-driven units in Hammer more robust
- Fixed a number of visual bugs in particle effects
- Fixed bugs in portrait rendering, including rendering multiple selected units correctly
- Increased connection timeout to 3 minutes
Patch Size was 3.1 GB
Will post screenshots and results here when I finally get the patch.