Workshop tools potential for non strictly MOBA games
Hello all, I'm new to Dota 2 modding and wanting to know what are the limits of the workshop tools. A short resume : I'm a computer engineer, trying to have fun during my spare time building a video game mixing old love : warhammer battle, CCG, tactical/strategy game in general.
I discovered lately (with autochess) that it is not limited to standard MOBA type.
I wanted to know if it's possible to create a prototype for my game idea. Here are the main differences between Dota and my project :
Before game :
- Having a list of heroes/object/creep "own" by the player (like card in a CCG) with quantity management
- Being able to select a list of heroes/object/creep, with object already assign to heroes
- Being able to save somewhere list made by player and select 1 before/after queuing for a game In short, being able to create a list of heroes with object and creep like a deck in a CCG
During game :
- Pause the game but still being able to interact with heroes (selecting next ability to play for example)
- Displaying abilities for multiples heroes at the same time
- Having lots of unit (100/200) on map, mostly creep mainly auto attacking, without lags
There is other differences but I know there are possible to do with the workshop tools.
Thanks you for your answers, Hebus