Workshop tools potential for non strictly MOBA games

Hello all, I'm new to Dota 2 modding and wanting to know what are the limits of the workshop tools. A short resume : I'm a computer engineer, trying to have fun during my spare time building a video game mixing old love : warhammer battle, CCG, tactical/strategy game in general.

I discovered lately (with autochess) that it is not limited to standard MOBA type.

I wanted to know if it's possible to create a prototype for my game idea. Here are the main differences between Dota and my project :

Before game :

• Having a list of heroes/object/creep "own" by the player (like card in a CCG) with quantity management
  • Being able to select a list of heroes/object/creep, with object already assign to heroes
  • Being able to save somewhere list made by player and select 1 before/after queuing for a game In short, being able to create a list of heroes with object and creep like a deck in a CCG

During game :

• Pause the game but still being able to interact with heroes (selecting next ability to play for example)
  • Displaying abilities for multiples heroes at the same time
  • Having lots of unit (100/200) on map, mostly creep mainly auto attacking, without lags

There is other differences but I know there are possible to do with the workshop tools.

Thanks you for your answers, Hebus

Comments

All the before game stuff is possible.

Pausing the game but still being able to interact is not possible with the default game rules, however you are free to create your own rules to a certain extent.

Displaying abilities for multiples heroes at the same time Custom UI is possible.

Having lots of unit (100/200) on map, mostly creep mainly auto attacking, without lags I would believe 100 units is more or less fine 200 and more would be problematic, however that also depends on the game, stationary units won't cause much issue.

Thank you for your answer. I realize that I will have to change lots of default game rules to achieve my goal, I'm happy the mod allow lots of customization. Is there somewhere a list of things that are too entangled in the mechanics of the game to be changed?