how to make air force has collision ?

edited May 19 in General

i set DOTA_UNIT_CAP_MOVE_GROUND and DOTA_HULL_SIZE_REGULAR for the unit but the units can still gather to one point they seems have no collision in fly mode

how to make them act like visage's summoner ?

Comments

• edited May 19 Posts: 17

i set DOTA_UNIT_CAP_MOVE_GROUND and DOTA_HULL_SIZE_REGULAR for the unit
    but the units can still gather to one point
    they seems have no collision in fly mode

how to make them act like visage's summoner ?

enter image description here

how to fly like visage's summoner?

You set MovementCapabilities to DOTA_UNIT_CAP_MOVE_FLY and units still don't have collision?

If yes, try this:

1) Set MovementCapabilities to DOTA_UNIT_CAP_MOVE_GROUND.

2) Make sure that during spawning of these units you are not applying a permanent modifier on them with MODIFIER_STATE_NO_UNIT_COLLISION.

3) Apply a permanent modifier on those units when they spawn with state: MODIFIER_STATE_FLYING or MODIFIER_STATE_FLYING_FOR_PATHING_PURPOSES_ONLY.

What unit BaseClass are you using? If npc_dota_creature then you can try disabling clamping behavior: https://moddota.com/forums/discussion/comment/763/#Comment_763

• edited August 7 Posts: 17

@Darkonius
    I set MovementCapabilities to DOTA_UNIT_CAP_MOVE_GROUND
    I give unit MODIFIER_STATE_FLYING
    Then set DisableClumpingBehavior to 1

Now the unit can fly and has no collision with other units
    But how to make they act like visage's summoner (have collision between fly units)

Did you try MODIFIER_STATE_FLYING_FOR_PATHING_PURPOSES_ONLY instead of MODIFIER_STATE_FLYING?

@Darkonius
    I did

if i use MODIFIER_STATE_FLYING_FOR_PATHING_PURPOSES_ONLY, the unit have no collision with all other units.

maybe this? but it might make them collide with ground units aswell

"MODIFIER_STATE_NO_UNIT_COLLISION" "MODIFIER_STATE_VALUE_DISABLED"

@DankBud

He wants collision with air units but not with ground units, like Visage's familiars.

@mocyx I think Visage familiar collision behavior is hardcoded. So its best to use MODIFIER_STATE_FLYING if MODIFIER_STATE_FLYING_FOR_PATHING_PURPOSES_ONLY gives you the same result.

@Darkonius it seems impossiable to act like Visage's familiars I decide to use MODIFIER_STATE_FLYING