Creating Custom Tile sets

Long time lurker, decided to finally post my project in development here, I am currently trying to discover the secrets behind the dota 2 hammer editor. So far this is my progress, I've currently recreated the ground tiles in a format similar to the orginal ground tiles. My latest progress with the project has been getting the foliage to appear on the gorund, they dont have the tilesets designated to them which is why they display on every tile but one step at a time!

most of my problem solving for using the editor has been understanding file structure and the procedure for uploading the materials and models you actually want to use. the wiki helps a lot but it takes some digging to figure out how it all works, I really love the format they use to create maps, tons of instancing and pre packaging. been learning a lot.

I have been taking a small break from my progress to work on a set but none the less I'll be getting back to this shortly!

enter image description here

Comments

• enter image description here

hey guys, i'm back on this project finally I got my plant tool for the land tiles setup

If your interested in the set I was working on its here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=870183080

• enter image description here

My plant tiles are finally complete! heres a small test of the randomly generated spawning and some of the painting

These are two groups, the group on the left is referenced by the group on the right, which enables the ability to paint plants in the editor

These are all of my proxys for the randomly generated tiles

the most important part of using the editor i've used with this update is that multiselect actions will dramatically increase your speed hah anyways its time to move to something new not sure what but i have to choose something lol