Dota Classic - recreation of the original eul map (first dota ever) from Warcraft III ROC
I have ported the original eul WC3 ROC Dota to Dota 2.
The map is based on eul Dota 3.76d, One of the very first Dota maps ever, the original eul-versions from which everything started (before Allstars, Guinsoo, Icefrog, Dota 2)
Workshop page of the project: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725837387
Search on the in-game Dota 2 arcade for "Dota Classic" to play it.
All the orginal mechanics are there:
- All items fully shareable
- Killing a barracks stops the respective production
- Secret river shop
- Morbazan (secret quest)
- Special exclusive items tied to scourge/sentinel
- Warcraft 3-like corpse system to make the undead-spells work (huge thanks to MNoya and his Dotacraft)
- Hero-selection tied to factions
- Gold-transfer between players
- The original shop vendors ("Sena the Accessorizer"..), together with the classic shop look and feel
- Custom spawn system to replicate the stats of the original neutral creeps
All original heroes ported, with the exception of three (they will get ported too, just a bit later)
With the exception of the infravision-dog (coming soon) all items ported, all spells and the old layout!
Huge thanks to the following projects, templates and libraries: Dotacraft by MNoya, Dota 2 Spell Library, Barebones template and library by BMD, CustomHeroSelection template by Perryvw and for everyone else involved in them! It wouldn't have been possible without you. The map uses code from these projects (I will add the map later to github as well and make the code freely available)
Very special thanks to BMD for his direct contributions regarding the shop system and great help through e-mail.