how to open and edit .vpcf_c files?

hello guys,

actually i want to merge 2 files of .vpcf_c format. But i don't know how to open and edit it. i already extracted with gcfscape and read some tutorials like "decompiled with python but i can't understand". as far as i can make mod of heroes just models, particles, but not ambient effect. it requires of item_games.txt editing, but my point here i just won't to use script editing to show ambient effect of items, i want to use different methods. would you guys mind to tell me how to do it and any advises?

thanks.. sorry for my bad english.

Comments

Those decompiled with python suggestions are old. You can open them from asset browser now and use Valve's particle copy tool to make copies.

The concept of Modding Community doesn't go well together with Competitive Business
    My Project Page || My GitHub Profile ||

• DDDDDD

thanks noya for your reply. :blush: i'm going to try it and let you know if i get the point of using it. :blush:

• DDDDDD

so, how to change .vpcf to .vpcf_c noya? Thank you noya it's not [READ ONLY] anymore and editable. i already add new ambient particle and save but in .vpcf format. :neutral_face:

.vpcf_c is autogenerated on the game folder

The concept of Modding Community doesn't go well together with Competitive Business
    My Project Page || My GitHub Profile ||

• DDDDDD

you really help me sir. :) em, by the way i have 1 question again. How to show that ambient effect if there isn't any "asset folder" to modifier, so we can't match the name of it?