Hero Concepts (The Next Generation)

edited April 2016 in Mod Showcase

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=498902207

Hey guys, I'm the main developer for The Next Generation; a custom game with many implemented hero ideas from /r/Dotaconcepts and Playdota. The objective of the mod is simple: to create the first original Dota 2 hero.

What started out as a fun individual project has now become a collaborative effort that I wish to share with you all. We have spotlight videos from ILikeDota that you can watch to get an idea of the types of heroes that exist in this game (here's a link to one below!)

I encourage you to try these heroes out in a custom lobby with cheats enabled and let me know what you think! The latest patch introduced Scepter upgrades for all of them, as well as finishing an ultimate ability which allows the hero with the ability to use his spells/items from an ally's location.

Comments

So beautiful

Thanks! :D

We've got a new hero incoming, as well as a demo map for testing concepts out.

Are there item concepts also?

That was the idea, but I guess we never found a great concept to create.

• not bad at all, keep going boys!)

• Just wanted to announce we've reached 20 heroes!

We also have another Youtuber who is making spotlight videos, so I encourage you to check them out (I'll link one below). Since his videos have been posted, a lot of changes and improvements have been made to the original concepts.

memes

Also one important thing to note is we now have a hero demo map! You can use the demo options and switch freely between heroes while playing if you have cheats enabled.

Lastly, I've been patching like crazy these last couple of weeks, so if you're interested in seeing how much has really been changed, here you go.

I hope you guys have a good time trying the new heroes out, and happy modding!