Useful Console Commands

edited November 2015 in Tutorials

Here are the console commands useful for modding. If you constantly use one which isn't on this list, please post it

dota_launch_custom_game <addon_name> <map_name>: Launches the map_name inside the addon_name content folder. This avoids having to open the map in hammer, You can disconnect or restart at any point.

entityreport: prints all the spawned entities as a list of index and class

img

entitysummary: prints a summary with the percentage of each entity class

img

soundlist: all the sounds playing at the current time, and total memory used

img

script_help2: shows the list of all the Game API functions

img

dota_modifier_dump: shows a list of all the modifiers currently applied to every entity

img

host_timescale <float>: Speeds the game up to that number

host_timescale 10

The concept of Modding Community doesn't go well together with Competitive Business
My Project Page || My GitHub Profile ||

Comments

fog_enable 0 and fog_override 1: Useful to take good screenshots in showcase mode

The concept of Modding Community doesn't go well together with Competitive Business

Note that currently the output for dota_modifier_dump is bugged. The value that it shows for duration should be createtime, and vice versa. I reported the bug here: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=173809&p=1251738#post1251738

• edited November 2015 Posts: 20

script_reload to test lua scripts without building the entire map again

dota_minimap_create

Run this after loading the map. Hammer minimap creation ignores trees

• cl_script_reload and cl_script_help2 also exist for client-side code (like lua ability/modifier parts)

• dota_bot_populate - Populates the remaining slots with bots
    • dota_mouse_window_lock 0;dota_camera_edgemove 0 - unlock mouse to freely moves from\to window.

demo

• dota_check_localization - Look over unit and ability data to verify that all the expected localization strings are present