[WIP] Scripting Wiki
Hey, I recently started to work on my first custom Game. I used to do a lot of GMod modding, mostly custom server stuff, but also some gamemodes. The thing I liked the most about GMod modding was the great wiki, you can find anything you need there in a matter of seconds. When I had my first look at the D2 Workshop tools and the documentation back in the alpha I found it pretty hard to get into, which is probably the reason I didn't start modding for DotA earlier. A lot has improved since then, but still I personally don't like the official Wiki. It is really hard to navigate around the wiki and it barely has any examples. So I started to create my own wiki, the original plan was to document every function, constant etc. I use there while I create my first custom games. First i wanted to keep it a private documentation but then I thought why not share it with the rest of the community so here it is: http://wiki.dotashelter.com. I leave it up to you wether you use this wiki, stick with the official one or maybe use both.
tl;dr: I created a alternative WIKI for the Scripting API etc. you might prefer it over the official one.
If you consider contributing make sure to read the Wiki Editing Guidelines.
You will need a steam account and a valid email address in order to register and edit.
- templates for Lua Constants
- example template with custom syntax highlighting
- light theme & dark theme (for your late night coding sessions)
- a fast custom search
- Tutorial section
- Panorama templates for xml and css related resources
- section for Hammer documentation
- improved syntax highlighting
- improve/add default styling
- write a script that auto imports sites from the official wiki (probably not going to happen anytime soon) (partially done)
Feel free to leave your suggestions and opinions here.
If you need to contact me personally you can add me on Steam.